The Real Haiti BUNDLE Activities for Kids
You know how important family values are, but what about family culture and social emotional development? We don't often think about the culture instilled in us because, well, it's just a part of who we are.
What if you were raised in a completely different culture than your spouse. What if your parents raised you with different cultural norms that you cherish and you want to pass on to your kids. In addition to teachers, children learn from their parents, family and experiences that help shape them into adults.
Historically in the US, Haitian people have had a bad reputation and it was not always "cool to be Haitian" so-to-speak. Now more than ever, people are recognizing the importance of inclusivity.
But how do you teach your students about Haiti when you yourself don't know more about it than what you've 'heard' or seen on TV. What if your Haitian immigrant student came to class only to be made fun of about their childhood when they are proud of where they came from. There's no "handbook" to teach all aspects of culture to our children, but it makes it a little easier when we have resources to go to that help visually show parts of it.
With access to this bundle, you’ll be able to teach about Haiti and create a positive narrative about the Haitian culture. Encourage multicultural diversity at home, at school and in your community!
Over 100 pages of activities inside! Digital files are available for immediate download!
- Geographical info
- Numbers in Creole from 1-20
- Counting animals activity
- Creole alphabet with the letter and phonetic spelling
- Colors in Creole
- Outdoor and environment recognition
- Shapes in Creole with drawing activity
- Months of the year and birthday vocabulary
- Haitian food identification
- Vegetable coloring activity
- Fruit recognition
- Identify body parts and people
- Birds and insect identification
- Haiti Bingo game
- Tap Tap bus coloring page
- Haitian flag coloring page
- Haitian lullaby
- Creole children's song
- Haitian riddle activity
- Historical stamp recognition and activity
- Facts about Haiti, the flag and photos
- Cultural dance and celebrations
- Haitian Creole Proverbs
- Sea Life and animal identification
- Cultural symbols like the flag, neg mawon and the national flower
- Haitian Proverb downloadable bookmark
- Valentine's Day worksheet
- Creole Christmas cards
- Christmas holiday greetings in Creole
- Christmas coloring lesson
- Christmas decoration counting activity
- Christmas Carols in Creole and French
- Months of the Year
- Days of the Week
Give yourself and your family the gift of education. An education is the only thing that can't be taken away from you! Open up a whole new world of learning tools and materials that promote culturally responsive teaching for success!
"My family and I love exploring, learning about and celebrating our Haitian heritage through The Real Haiti Academy. Our 9-month old son loves the songs, videos & virtual field trip - and the resources keep coming. We're looking forward to using more of the resources as he grows. It's even been fun for my husband to have Creole resources (rather than French). Such an awesome tool! - Kara Jeudy
"The Real Haiti Academy makes it easy to have learning materials about Haiti accessible in one spot. I have already used the materials to speak with small groups of children in the United States, and I’m looking forward to using them with our inclusion school in Haiti this upcoming school season. The Real Haiti Academy adds new materials often, and is quick with communication and emails as well." - Heather, Footprints of the Son