How to travel to haiti
by cruise ship
tour or travel agent
Want someone to plan your trip for you or want to go with a group? It's as easy as going to MyHaitiTravels.com and signing up for a trip.
Or, if you're more of the adventurer and planner, you can contact Jacqui at Voyages Lumiere. Jacqui is a very experienced travel agent whom lives in Haiti. She can customize your trip based on your needs!
Let them know The Real Haiti sent you there!
is haiti safe?
We've never had a bad experience traveling to Haiti. Just like daily life or travel to other places, pay attention! Be aware of your surroundings and remember these tips:
- Don't post on social media when you're leaving for a trip. This is just a free advertisement for someone to "set you up." That said, in my opinion, most crimes are targeted and planned, rather than random.
- Leave your cash at your hotel, except for what you'll need for the day.
- Don't pull out your fancy camera or phone in a crowded area. You never want to look like a tourist.
- Put your sim card in a cheap phone.
- Put a copy of your passport in your luggage. And don't carry your passport around when you go out. You won't need it.
- Have someone you trust to drive you around. If you don't know a driver, a travel agent can set you up with one.
- Take the hotel shuttle around town and to/from airport. Most hotels in Petionville have free shuttles within the city limits and to airport.
- Don't dress like a tourist :) Backpacks, sneakers and travel document necklaces scream tourist!